- FPSA Giveaways
For the latest giveaways, challenges and competitions, make sure you visit our blog!
Contest Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions aren't exactly exciting. But I think we can all agree, it's important to know what our legal rights and responsibilities are. So... here goes:
Information on prizes and how to enter Face Paint Shop Australia competitions and contests form part of these Terms & Conditions of Entry. By entering Face Paint Shop Australia competitions and contests, Entrants acknowledge and accept the below-stated Terms & Conditions of Entry, in addition to any specific requirements as outlined in our weekly giveaway announcements, published on our website www.facepaintshopaustralia.com/fpsagiveaways
The Laws of New South Wales, Australia prevail.
Important: Entrants acknowledge and agree that entries (images and captions) may be published by the Promoter as a condition of entry. As such, Entrants grant express license of the intellectual property to the Promoter, so that any images and text can be used for promotional or advertising purposes, without compensation or further notice.
Last updated 11 March, 2018
Winners and Prizes
This competition is a contest of skill, not chance. All entries are published in an online gallery, whereby voters 'like' their favourites. The top 20 most popular entries each week will become finalists. Finalists will be judged according to the entry criteria outlined below.
- Each week during the competition period, we’ll award a new Winner, ie Winner of the Week;
- The Winner of the Week will be selected in two stages:
- Firstly, a shortlist of twenty (20) entries will be determined by a popular vote, with the top 20 entries earning a place on the shortlist;
- These shortlisted entries will then be judged according to the entry criteria outlined below, with the final Winner of the Week determined by a panel of judges;
- 1x $25 gift card will be awarded to the Winner of the Week, and may be redeemed at www.facepaintshopaustralia.com (value in Australian Dollars). Prize does NOT include shipping, import duties or taxes (if applicable);
- The Winner of the Week will be announced on our Facebook page, website, and via email on the following Saturday (of the same week);
- See full terms and conditions below for details.
Second Chance Grand Prize:
- ALL eligible weekly entries will be entered into our Second Chance Grand Prize to win a $250 gift-card;
- The Final Winner will be selected in two stages:
- Firstly, a shortlist of fifty (50) entries will be determined by a popular vote, with the top 50 entries earning a place on the shortlist;
- These 50 shortlisted entries will then be judged according to the entry criteria, with the Final Winner determined by a panel of judges;
- 1x $250 gift card will be awarded to the Winner of our Second Chance Grand Prize, to be redeemed at www.facepaintshopaustralia.com (value in Australian Dollars). Prize does NOT include shipping, import duties or taxes (if applicable);
- The Final Winner will be announced on our Facebook page, website and via email on 15 December, 2018;
- See full terms and conditions below for details
1. The Promoter
- The Promoter is Face Paint Shop Australia (ABN 14 097 362 897), of
8/5 Neptune Place, Yamba NSW 2464. Our web address is www.facepaintshopaustralia.com
- The Promoter acknowledges:
a. A complete release of Facebook by each Entrant or participant;
b. Acknowledgement that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook;
2. Who May Enter
Eligible Entrants will be:
- A resident of Australia, New Zealand, The Philipines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, New Caledonia, Vanuatu, Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, The Soloman Islands, Thailand. Proof of residency must be provided on request; AND
- Aged 18 or over; OR
- Have express written permission to enter from a parent or guardian if aged under 18 years;
Entries are not open to:
- Entrants residing in regions other than the aforementioned;
- employees of the Promoter;
- parties who are otherwise directly involved with this managing this Contest; or
- any immediate family member of the above mentioned parties.
Failure to comply with any or all of these conditions will result in disqualification.
3. Competition Period
- All times given are Australian Eastern, ie Sydney time; Daylight Savings applies in season;
- This competition will commence at 10am, on Monday, 19 February 2018;
- The Weekly Prize period will commence every Monday, from 10am, and close on the following Thursday, at 10pm of the same week, as noted in our weekly giveaway announcements, published on our Facebook page and website;
- The Second Chance Grand Prize will remain open throughout the Weekly Prize Period. Entry into the Second Chance Grand Prize may only be made via the weekly submission form.
4. How to Enter
- Entrants are required to submit a photo and caption via the official entry form (link). No other methods of entry will be accepted;
- A successful entry will accurately reflect the theme of the given week, which will be advertised on the Promoter’s Facebook page and website from week-to-week, within the terms and timeframe of the competition;
- Valid contact details (email) must be provided at the time of entry;
- Multiple entries are welcome - however each entry must be of a different design (ie not the same design photographed from a different angle);
- Entries must be submitted by 10pm Thursday (of the current week), no exceptions;
- Entrants are invited to share a submission for the purpose of voting.
- Each week, the twenty (20) most popular eligible entries will be considered by a panel of judges to receive the weekly prize
- All eligible entries will automatically be entered into the Second Chance Grand Prize.
5. Entry Criteria
A winning entry will be selected and judged as follows:
- A shortlist of 20 entries will be selected by popular vote from eligible submissions;
- A panel of judges appointed by the Promoter will determine the final Winner of the Week, selected from the shortlist, using the following criteria -
- How closely the image interprets the given “theme of the week”;
- The quality of the image. Extra consideration will be given to entries that demonstrate a clear image of the design (eg. in-focus vs blurry, low-res);
- The quality of the caption - has all relevant information been provided? Bonus points awarded if the Entrant includes additional information about the products used;
- Voting opens at 10am on Monday and closes at 10pm on the following Friday (AEDT);
- Voting is open to the general public (ie. anyone can vote);
- Voters help to select the weekly finalists with the top 20 most popular entries considered by a panel of judges for the weekly winner;
- Voters can vote for more than one design;
- Voting will open for the Second Chance Grand Prize at 10am on 1 December, 2018 and close at 10pm on 12 December, 2018;
- Voters help to select the grand finalists with the top 50 most popular entries considered by a panel of judges for the overall winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to reject or disqualify any Entrants or entries if the Promoter reasonably suspects any unlawful or improper conduct, such as infringing a third party’s intellectual property rights, or if there has otherwise been a breach of the competition terms and conditions;
- In addition, without limiting the Promoter’s discretion, entries must not include any content that:
- is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic;
- promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous;
- is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group; appears to duplicate any other submitted Entries;
- defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
- contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission; contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission;
- communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which we wish to associate; and/or
- violates any law.
The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardize the fair and proper conduct of the competition. The Promoters legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
8. Exclusion of Liability and Indemnity
In addition to the above, a successful submission must comply with ALL of the following.
- The Entrant guarantees a submission is lawful; ie that he/she owns copyright of the image; that any person/s appearing in the image is over 18 years of age and has given their written consent to have the image published online.
- If any person/s (entrants or appearing in images) are under 18 years of age, the Entrant guarantees they have obtained the written consent of a parent or guardian to enter, and can produce relevant documentation as required or requested, with the full understanding that the image will be published online;
- The Entrant indemnifies the Promoter against any legal action, by any party at any time, for a request for compensation or payment, costs, or otherwise, occuring as a result of an image being submitted to this competition. If an Entrant is found to have breached the conditions of entry, the Entrant will be responsible for any and all costs or damages associated with the claim;
- The Entrant agrees that any images submitted to this competition will be published by the Promoter, with full consent provided by the copyright owner. The Promoter reserves the right to reproduce and/or publish any submission made, online or in print, via any platform, without payment or compensation to the copyright owner;
- The Promoter’s decision on all matters pertaining to this Contest will be final;
- The Promoter is under no obligation to provide reasons for any of its decisions;
- The Promoter is under no obligation to engage in any form of correspondence whatsoever with Entrants or their representatives in matters relating to the Contest;
- A prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied;
- A Winner may be liable to declare a prize for tax purposes. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any tax payable on a prize. If any tax is payable on a prize it is the sole responsibility of the Winner;
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any Entrant or any other person however caused including but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omissions, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or its employees in connection with supply of the prizes awarded to the prize Winners;
9. Notification of Winners
Entrants are responsible for monitoring his or her email account for notification and receipt or other communications related to this Contest.
- Weekly Winners - will be notified via Facebook, our website, and email on Saturday (of the same week of entry);
- Second-Chance Grand Prize - shortlisted Entrants will be notified via Facebook, our website, and email on 1 December, 2018;
- The Final Winner of the Second Chance Grand Prize will be notified on 15 December, 2018 via Facebook, our website and email;
- All Winners must claim their prize within fourteen (14) days of the date of notification. A prize may be claimed by contacting the Promoter via Facebook or email.Proof of identity may be required;
- Prizes will be delivered electronically to the email address provided, or posted to the Winner's residential address (if in Australia) within 2 weeks of the announcement;
- If a Winner cannot be reached by the Promoter within fourteen (14) days using the contact information provided at the time of entry, that Winner shall forfeit the prize;
Winners may be required to provide identification and supporting documentation necessary to prove they comply with these Terms & Conditions, including that they are over 18 years of age, and/or the written consent of a minor by a legal guardian.
Winners not residing in Australia will be emailed their gift certificate and this may be redeemed only at www.facepaintshopaustralia.com and is not exchangeable for cash.
10. Intellectual Property
- The Entrant grants express license of the intellectual property to the Promoter, so that any images and text submitted to the Promoter can be used for promotional or advertising purposes, without compensation;
- Entries may be published on multiple platforms, including but not limited to the Promoter’s websites, Facebook and Instagram accounts, Pinterest, email newsletters, and various other media platforms and channels used by the Promoter for promotional or advertising purposes.
To the extent that there is any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any other published material, these terms and conditions will prevail. By participating in the Contest, each Entrant acknowledges that these terms and conditions are legally binding.
The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Contest. In any case, notice will be published here.